- Prioritize the research agenda of the ICAR with
special focus on rainfed and bypassed areas and
develop typology for socio economic characterization of rainfed eco-system. Importance of developing efficient
backup support services for continuity of the technology needs to be
- Increase investment on effective literacy
program (particularly for household decision-makers), infrastructure
building, conservation of natural resources and information dissemination.
- Encourage and enhance public-private partnership
in agricultural research, extension and investment.
- Constitute a permanent working group for
improved estimations and projections in agriculture and reporting short
term agricultural outlook.
- Appropriate pricing policy to improve resource
uses efficiency and to prevent their degradation. Revitalization of the
public distribution system, fair price shops, employment
guarantee schemes is necessary and there is need to revisit fertilizer, energy,
land and water policies.
- Develop technology and knowledge-based mechanism
for efficient use of pesticides and other chemicals in agriculture in
order to reduce the risk of environmental pollution.
- Documentation of traditional practices and