|NCAP|||||Policy Briefs|||||Policy Papers|||||Annual Reports|||||Workshop Proceedings|||||PME Notes|||||Other Publications|||||Projects|||||Faculty|
Dr. Aldas Janaiah, Senior Scientist
Past Professional Experience:
Research Projects Carried out/Associated:
Ø Impacts of modern farm technologies on poverty and income distribution in rural Asia
Ø The productivity impacts of green revolution in cereal crops in India (FASID-sponsored study)
Ø Assessing the poverty impacts of public expenditures in irrigation sector
Ø Economic evaluation of the farm-level impacts of hybrid rice technology in tropical Asia
Ø Economic analysis of constraints to increasing rice production under irrigated environments
Ø Analysis of the seed system and seed policy for rice in Bangladesh
Ø Impact assessment of coordinated network for rice improvement in India
Ø The seed system development: The case of rice in Andhra Pradesh, India
Ø Impact of farm mechanization on rural livelihood: A comparative assessment in high productive and low productive regions in India
Ø The comparative economics and adoption behavior of hybrid rice technology in India: An ex-ante assessment
Ø Economic rationale of improved farm machinery on rice farms: A case study in AP, India.
Ø Economic evaluation of Operational Research Project on IPM in Rice
Ø Impact assessment of fisheries research in India.
Ø Rural Distress and Farmers’ Suicides in Andhra Pradesh
Current Areas of Interests:
List of Selected Published Research Papers:
(Only Journal Articles published during the past 5 years)
1. Janaiah, Aldas, Lalith Achoth and Cynthia Bantilan (2005). Has the Green Revolution Bypassed Coarse Cereals? The Indian Experience, eJournal of Agricultural and Development Economics, Food & Agriculture Organization of United Nations, Vol. 2 (1), pp.20-31
2. Janaiah, Aldas, Mahabub Hossain and Keijiro Otsuka (2006). Productivity Impact of the Modern Varieties of Rice u India. The Developing Economies, Vol. 44 (2), Pp. 190-207.
3. Janaiah, Aldas, Keijiro Otsuka and Mahabub Hossain (2005). Is the Productivity Impact of the Green Revolution in Rice Vanishing? Empirical Evidence from TFP Analysis for Rice. Economic and Political Weekly, Vol. 40 (53), Pp. 5596-5600
4. Janaiah, Aldas and Mahabub Hossain (2004). Partnership in the Public Sector Agricultural R & D: Evidence from India. Economic and Political Weekly, Vol. 39 (50), pp. 5327-5334
1. Janaiah, Aldas (2003). The Seed Delivery System in Andhra Pradesh: Institutional and Policy Issues. The Indian Journal of Agricultural Marketing, Vol. 17 (2).
2. Aldas Janaiah and Mahabub Hossain (2003): Can Hybrid Rice Technology help Productivity Growth in Asian Tropics? Farmers’ Experiences, Economic and Political Weekly, 21 June 2003, Vol. 38 (25), pp. 2492-2501
3. Cheryll B. Casiwan, A. Janaiah, Sergio R. Francisco, Mahabub Hossain, Josephine Narciso, Ellaine Cabrera and FlordelizaC. Hidalgo (2003): Hybrid Rice Cultivation in the Philippines: Early Farm Level Experiences, Economic and Political Weekly, 21 June 2003, Vol. 38 (25), pp. 2502-2508.
4. C. Ramasamy, A. Janaiah, K. N. Selvarajan and M. Hossain (2003): Hybrid Rice in Tamil Nadu: Evaluation of Farmers’ Experiences, Economic and Political Weekly, 21 June 2003, Vol. 38 (25), pp. 2509-2512.
5. Aldas Janaiah (2003): Hybrid Rice in Andhra Pradesh: Findings of a Survey, Economic and Political Weekly, 21 June 2003, Vol. 38 (25). pp. 2513-2516.
6. Mahabub Hossain, A Janaiah and Muzzam Husain (2003): Hybrid Rice in Bangladesh: Farm-Level Performance, Economic and Political Weekly, 21 June 2003, Vol. 38 (25). pp. 2517-2522.
7. Mahabub Hossain, Tran Thi Ut and A Janaiah (2003): Vietnam Experience with Hybrid Rice, Economic and Political Weekly, 21 June 2003, Vol. 38 (25), pp. 25232529.